The Cycle-Friendly Employer Certification Framework (CFE Certification Framework) establishes a European standard for bicycle-friendliness in the European workplace.
In 2017 organisations from Denmark, Austria, United Kingdom, Germany, Slovenia, Malta, Bulgaria, France, Croatia, Romania, Italy and the Netherlands, by building on the legacy of the Bike2Work project decided to establish the Cycle-Friendly Employer Certification Consortium (as of now CFE Consortium) in order to implement the CFE Certification Framework at national level. Certification is intended to facilitate and enable European employers to improve the situation for employees that cycle to work, as well as to acknowledge and reward their efforts.
Now entering in its second 3-year period of implementation (2021-2023), the CFE Consortium has expanded its representation across Europe, welcoming four new members in 2018, one new member in 2019 and two more in 2020. The certification is currently being implemented in fourteen countries across Europe, with more than three hundred employers certified as Cycle-Friendly.
The CFE Consortium invites applications for new members from non-represented countries, as follows: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland and the Russian Federation.
HOW TO APPLY
The application process will remain open throughout the year 2022.
- Get in touch – with any questions and/or to signal interest in applying for CFE Consortium Membership
- Submit your application form to Froso Christofides, Members & Networks Manager, ECF at email@example.com
- Upon positive evaluation of your application form, you will be invited to submit a three-year plan and budget
- Upon acceptance of your business plan, you will be invited to sign an accession statement to the CFE Long Term Management Agreement and pay the first annual contribution to the common pot.
- Begin implementation of the CFE Certification in your country!
Please refer to the CFE Consortium Call for Applications 2022 here. Application form can be found here.
For more information please contact Froso Christofides, Members & Networks Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org